Use the content samples below to craft pages, emails, and posts that could help you to communicate travel insurance information to your traveling customers.
Introduction to Trip Protection Coverage
Trip protection style travel insurance that includes travel medical coverage is [required/recommended] for all trips with [your company name]. The coverage must have a minimum [$150,000] of medical coverage and include injury, medical, evacuation, and repatriation. Most domestic US health insurance plans do not cover international travel claims or provide a global network of contracted doctors and facilities. We want to make sure you are covered in case of an emergency or non-emergency illness or injury while abroad.
Trip protection coverage protects the investment of your trip, including benefits for items such as trip interruption, trip cancellation, delays, baggage and personal effects, and more. We do not have a required coverage amount, but typically coverage is based on your total nonrefundable trip costs (ie travel package, flights, tours, additional hotels/accommodations) that you make, or plan to make, prior to your departure.
Partner Content Sample
We partner with Wanderwell , a Certified B-Corp travel insurance agency who can offer both Trip Protection style travel insurance coverage and advising. If you choose to purchase through Wanderwell, you can buy the trip from our [your company name] partner page by clicking here [your affiliate URL to embed here], and at least 1% of your purchase premium price will be donated to [choose a nonprofit in the 1% for the Planet network] through 1% for the Planet to aid with offset for your trip.
Once insurance is obtained, a copy must be sent to us. Failure to provide proof of insurance within  days of booking will result in trip booking suspension until proof of insurance has been provided.
More questions about travel insurance and why we require it for all our trips? Check out our helpful blog here.
Trip Protection language
Trip Protection style travel insurance plans are designed to provide coverage for Trip Cancellation if you are prevented from taking your trip due to a covered reason; most notably - illness, injury, or death to the traveler, a traveling companion, and/or an immediate family member not traveling, unforecasted inclement weather, and much more. Also included are benefits for Trip Interruption, Trip Delay, Baggage & Personal Effects, Travel Medical Expenses, and Emergency Medical Evacuation. Included:
- Trip Cancellation *due to covered reasons
- Trip Interruption *due to covered reasons
- Trip Delay (varies by plan)
- Baggage and personal effects
- Medical expenses (not limited to emergencies)
- Global network of contracted doctors and hospitals
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Coverage in the event of financial default of a tour operator or airline or a labor strike, unforeseen terror event, unforeseen inclement weather. *time-sensitive
- Pre-existing Medical Condition Exclusion Waiver (coverage for pre-existing conditions) can be included based on the timing of your purchase. With the current trip protection style plans we represent, the ...
- Safe Travels Journey plan: Exclusion is waived if coverage is purchased within 14 days of date of initial trip payment of any kind, and the full, non-refundable trip cost is insured, and you are medically able to travel on the policy effective date. (*Day 1 of 14 is the date you make your initial trip payment of any kind.)
- Safe Travels Voyager plan: Exclusion is waived if coverage is purchased prior to or with final trip payment, and the full, non-refundable trip cost is insured, and you are medically able to travel on the policy effective date.
- "Cancel for Any Reason" upgrade available as an upgrade to the Safe Travels Voyager plan only (eligibility requirements apply)