Trip Protection style plans represented in the Wanderwell provide hard to find coverage for COVID-19.Trip Protection style plans represented in the Wanderwell site are administered by Trawick International®, and are underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company. These plans provide hard to find coverage for COVID-19.
Coronavirus/COVID-19 will be treated the same as any other sickness for any sickness related losses while you are insured.
Table of Contents
- Is your travel destination requiring you to have travel insurance before entering the country?
- Travel Insurance Plans – include Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption for US Citizens and US Residents while traveling within the USA or abroad
- Travel Medical Insurance Plans
Costa Rica required travel insurance information:
The Safe Travels Voyager travel insurance plan meets the requirements for US travelers to obtain a Health Pass to enter Costa Rica. After purchase, you will receive a confirmation via email that includes a letter showing proof of coverage limits, named insureds and the travel insurance certificate. To get a quote and to learn more about the Safe Travels Voyager Travel Insurance Policy and how it applies to your travel to Costa Rica, click here.
Is your travel destination requiring you to have travel insurance before entering the country?
The Safe Travels Voyager travel insurance plan meets the requirements for US travelers to obtain a Health Pass to enter Costa Rica.
If you do not need a letter showing proof and need only to have a travel insurance policy that does not exclude COVID-19 (Coronavirus), the Safe Travels Journey plan should satisfy the travel insurance requirements.
Be sure to review the coverage limits on the policy you choose and verify it meets the requirements of the country you intend to travel to. If you have any questions, please contact our customer care team.
Travel Insurance Plans – include Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption for US Citizens and US Residents while traveling within the USA or abroad
- COVID-19 Coverage provides Trip Cancellation reimbursement for unused, non-refundable insured trip cost if you are prevented from taking your trip IF you or your traveling companion become sick with COVID-19 before your trip is to start and a doctor states you cannot travel.
- COVID-19 is considered a "known event". Any trip cancellation or trip interruption claims related to travel restrictions or fear of travel due to COVID-19 will not be payable.
- Trip Interruption provides reimbursement for unused, non-refundable insured trip costs if the trip is interrupted due to your becoming sick with COVID-19 while on your trip.
- Sickness Medical Coverage - The plan will also pay you to be medically treated on your trip if you become infected with COVID-19 and need treatment after your travel has started. Depending on your coverage medical maximums range anywhere from $10,000 to $250,000.
- Safe Travels travel insurance plans would provide coverage in the event of an emergency evacuation or if repatriation of remains was needed. Most of these plans also cover trip cancellation and trip interruption for the bankruptcy of the travel supplier or if you are terminated or laid-off. Some plans offer trip delay coverage for COVID-19 quarantine expenses, including Safe Travels Voyager travel insurance plan, which offers $2,000 for accommodations/lodging expenses.
- Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) is available to US Citizens and US Residents (*not available to residents of NH, NY, and WA). It is the most popular and hard to find benefit in the market today! Good News!! This upgrade benefit is available on the Safe Travels Voyager travel insurance plan. When you purchase this added benefit, you can cancel your trip for any reason not otherwise covered. For instance, if you change your mind and decide you no longer want to travel, you are scared to travel, etc.
- Cancel for Any Reason will reimburse you up to 75% of your non-refundable insured trip cost, provided you cancel the trip two (2) days or more before your scheduled departure date.
- To be eligible for the Cancel for Any Reason upgrade, the travel insurance plan with the CFAR upgrade must be purchased within 21 days of the date of the initial trip payment of any kind, and the full, nonrefundable trip cost is insured.
- On the Safe Travels Voyager plan, the Company will reimburse you for the percentage of the pre-paid, forfeited, non-refundable Payments or Deposits You paid for Your Trip shown on the Schedule of Benefits provided: (a) Your premium is received within the 21 day period as stated in the policy; and (b) You insure all prepaid Trip costs that are subject to cancellation penalties or restrictions, and also insure within fifteen (15) days of the payment for those arrangements, the cost of any subsequent arrangements (or any other arrangements not made through your travel agent) added before your trip.
*With concerns of future pandemics, some of the plans for US Citizens and US Residents cover you should the US Government issue a level 4 travel advisory, advising you not to travel to your destination country or region. This gives you an added level of coverage to seek reimbursement for your non-refundable insured trip costs.
Travel Medical Insurance Plans
Travel Medical Insurance Plans provide short-term medical coverage, including medical evacuation and repatriation of remains while traveling outside your home country. These plans are available with varying levels of coverage and deductibles to meet any travelers’ requirements. Plans are available for travel outside the USA or travel to the USA.
The travel medical-only plans represented in the Wanderwell site provide coverage if you get sick from COVID-19 after the effective date of your policy.
Trip Interruption coverage is included on the short-term travel medical-only plans should COVID -19 cause sickness or death of an immediate family member traveling with you occur, sickness or death of a traveling companion or your unforeseen illness.