Some basics about travel insurance in 2021
- Trip Protection Coverage: These plans provide Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, and Trip Delay coverage if you are prevented from taking your trip due to a covered reason; most notably - illness, injury, or death to the traveler, a traveling companion, and/or an immediate family member not traveling, unforecasted inclement weather, and much more (please visit our Safe Travels Journey & Voyager plan comparison in our Help Center for more details).
- Some COVID-19 Coverage Notes:
- COVID-19 MEDICAL EXPENSES are covered and treated the same as any other sickness.
- COVID-19 Coverage provides Trip Cancellation reimbursement for unused, nonrefundable insured trip cost if you are prevented from taking your trip IF you or your traveling companion become sick with COVID-19 before your trip is to start and a doctor states you cannot travel.
- COVID-19 is considered a "known event". Any trip cancellation or trip interruption claims related to travel restrictions or fear of travel due to COVID-19 will not be payable.
- Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) upgrade option can be added to the Safe Travels Voyager plan. CFAR provides reimbursement for 75% percent of the prepaid, nonrefundable, forfeited payments you paid for your trip, if you cancel your trip for any reason not otherwise covered by this policy.
- To learn about Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) coverage upgrade details and eligibility info, check out our How does the Cancellation for Any Reason (CFAR) benefit work? article in our Help Center.
We hope this information is helpful. If you would like to schedule a time to talk through the plans together with one of our agents, click here.
We are looking forward to working with you.
To get a quote and to learn more about the Safe Travels Journey travel insurance policy, please visit goWanderwell.com - or through your travel planner's unique wanderwell link - and find the Safe Travels Journey plan in the trip protection quotes.